TSA & Security
Cleveland Hopkins is committed to ensuring that all passengers, visitors and employees have a safe and enjoyable environment in which to travel and work.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is charged with the responsibility of screening all checked baggage, as well as all passengers and carry-on baggage. For information regarding the security screening process, please visit the TSA website.
North Checkpoint: 4:15AM to 8:00PM
Central Checkpoint (TSA Pre-Check Only*): 4:00AM to 8:00PM
South Checkpoint: Sun-Fri 4:00AM to 8:00PM / Sat 3:30AM to 7:15PM
*Central Checkpoint is only TSA Pre-Check from 4:00AM to 8:00PM when it becomes a general screening checkpoint.
In addition, on the dates listed below, we will open South and Baggage at 0330 for the Thanksgiving Holiday Push.
- Saturday, November 17th
- Sunday, November 18th
- Wednesday, November 21st
- Thursday, November 22nd
- Sunday, November 25th
- Monday, November 26th
Please note that all security checkpoints lead to all concourses and all airlines.
TSA Pre✓™ allows low-risk travelers to experience expedited, more efficient security screening at participating U.S. airport checkpoints for domestic and international travel.
How it works:
- An applicant must be a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) and cannot have been convicted of certain crimes. If an applicant has a record of any of the crimes identified in the eligibility requirements, they may choose not to apply, as the application fee is nonrefundable.
- Interested applicants must provide biographic information that includes name, date of birth and address. An applicant will be fingerprinted and will be required to provide valid required identity and citizenship/immigration documentation. An applicant also has the option to pre-enroll online to provide basic information. There is a nonrefundable application-processing fee of $85.
- After completing enrollment, successful applicants will receive a Known Traveler Number (KTN) via U.S. mail approximately 2-3 weeks following the visit to the application center. An applicant also may check status online by visiting https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/ and clicking on “Service Status.” The Known Traveler Number is valid for five years.
- Once approved as eligible for TSA Pre-Check™, the enrollee must enter the provided KTN in the ‘Known Traveler Number’ field when booking travel reservations on any of the ten participating airlines. The KTN can also be added when booking reservations online via a participating airline website, via phone call to the airline reservation center, or with the travel management company making reservations. Additionally, the KTN can be entered in participating airline frequent flyer profiles, where it will be stored for future reservations.
- Please make sure the name used when applying for the TSA Pre-Check™ application program matches the name used when booking travel.
- TSA Pre-Check™ eligibility will be identified with a TSA Pre-Check™ indicator on the boarding pass.
Please note, appointments may only be made for a date within a 45-day window of completing the online application, and if all available appointments are booked in that period, appointments would not be accepted, requiring the applicant to check back for availability. The applicant also may visit an application site as a “walk-in” without an appointment but could experience a longer wait time.
For more information, visit the TSA Pre-Check™ website.
Ready to pre-enroll? Visit the TSA Pre-Check™ application website.
Cleveland Airport Security Tips
- Please arrive 90 minutes prior to your scheduled flight departure time to ensure that you and your bags have enough time to go through the screening process and be transported to the aircraft.
- Leave all checked baggage unlocked. Security screeners may forcibly unlock locked baggage if it requires inspection.
- All laptop computers and video cameras must be removed from carry-on bags prior to moving through the screening process.
- All travelers over the age of 18 need government-issued photo identification—federal, state, or local. If you do not possess any government-issued photo identification, please carry at least two pieces of identification with you—one of which must have been issued by a government authority. You may be asked to show your ID at various locations within the airport, including at check-in, screening, in the gate area, and/or prior to boarding an aircraft.
- Only ticketed passengers are allowed beyond passenger screening points. If you need to accompany a ticketed passenger past a screening point, you should contact the passenger's airline for instructions.
Additional Safety Information
- Please maintain continuous control of carry-on baggage, briefcases, purses, and other personal items at all times.
- Personal items should never be left unattended as they could be subject to tampering or theft.
- Do not carry or transport any items or baggage for any other person, especially people you do not know.
- If you notice any unattended baggage, briefcases, purses, or other items, as well as any suspicious activity, please report it to the Airport Unit of the Cleveland Police Department immediately by dialing 6055 on any white courtesy telephone.
- While at the airport or on airport property, never make jokes about security, including comments about having a bomb or a firearm on your person or in your luggage. Airport personnel are trained to take all such comments as serious threats, and they will immediately report such threats to the Airport Unit of the Cleveland Police Department. Such activity may result in civil and criminal penalties.
The Airport Unit of the Cleveland Police Department patrols Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. These highly trained officers are permanently assigned to the airport, with offices conveniently located within the terminal. They provide a wide range of law enforcement duties and responsibilities including patrol, investigation, traffic flow management, and control and response to airport emergencies.
To contact the Airport Unit of the Cleveland Police Department from anywhere in the terminal or the parking garage, dial 6055 on any white courtesy telephone. They may also be contacted from any telephone by dialing 216.265.6055.