Featured Artists Series
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE)’s Temporary Art Exhibition Program is a free initiative available to artists. The purpose of this program is to showcase the diversity of arts and culture of Northeast Ohio. Cultural institutions, arts organizations, museums, teams of artists, as well as individual artists, are afforded opportunities to exhibit their collections of original artwork and photography in the airport. Submissions are reviewed by an Artist Review Panel and each approved proposal is assigned an exhibit start date based on the exhibition calendar. The duration of exhibits is up to six months depending on the nature of the exhibit. Selected exhibitors will not be compensated; however, curatorial and installation support are provided as needed. Artists are featured at the exhibit site as well as on the airport’s website at www.clevelandairport.com/art.
FEATURED ARTISTS SERIES
The Featured Artists Series is a new series that features the diversity of Northeast Ohio’s artists ranging from seasoned professionals to emerging artists who have great potential but have yet to be significantly recognized.
The subject matter of the exhibitions and displays must be appropriate for viewing in an airport venue. The airport art experience is one of the first glimpses of area travelers. CLE value and respects creative freedom, however we also recognize that there are subjects, images and messages which might be of more sensitive nature than they would be outside the airport environment. Please be mindful and create an exhibition of artistic excellence where a sensitive approach to story and image work together in the presentation of great art.
The Stephanie Tubbs Jones Art Gallery is located on the lower terminal level, adjacent to the RTA transit entry. The gallery can accommodate two-dimensional and some three-dimensional art. There is a total of 88 linear feet of wall space, (44 linear feet each side) with a depth of 53/4” encased with ¼” tempered glass panels. Each panel is 48” x 60”. Maximum height of image cannot exceed 46”. The hanging system is a gallery track and cable system (Takiya). Cables can accommodate up to 60lbs each cord.
Individual artists wishing to exhibit must be at least 18 years of age and live in the Northeast Ohio region. Please upload the following:
- Completed Featured Artists Application Form
- Exhibit design plan of your proposed images. Images should be at least 300 dpi in jpeg format.
- Briefly describe the proposed artwork, how it is a reflection of our region, it interpretation of the rich culture and diversity of Northeast Ohio and the materials that will be used.
- Exhibition/Artist Statement
- Brief resume, bio, and artist photo
- Brief description of each piece submitted and the inspiration or concept behind the piece and/or the process involved in creating it.
- Support materials i.e. newspaper articles, reviews, previous exhibition catalogues, etc.
- Special installation requirement if applicable.
- Proposal captures the vision of the project
- Cultural, educational and/or artistic merit
- Originality, imagination and presentation of content
- Feasibility of proposal
After work has been accepted, a substitution cannot be made. Selected artist(s) will be assigned an exhibition start and end date based upon the exhibition calendar. Artwork must remain in the display area for the entire exhibition time frame. No early withdraws. Following acceptance CLE and exhibitor will enter into a formal exhibition agreement indicating the condition of the display.